To register for public healthcare in Portugal, you first need to register with Portuguese Social Security (Seguranca Social) to get your NIF number. Your employer usually does this if you already have a job. Self-employed people, however, need to arrange this on their own.
How do I get a medical card in Portugal?
If you live in Portugal, you can apply for the card:
- on Social Security Direct, with your Social Security details, or with a Digital Mobile Key or Citizen Card.
- in Social Security offices.
- in the Citizen’s Shops or Citizen’s Spots the service makes available.
How do I get an SNS number Portugal?
How to register in the Portuguese National Health Service and get your SNS User Card
- Where to apply: In the Health Center of your residence area or Citizen Shops and Spaces .
- Documentation: Residence Permit / residence visa and/or a work contract in Portugal. …
- Cost: Free.
How do I get my Utente number?
To get a número de utente you normally visit your local centro de saúde with the following documents:
- Your passport or ID.
- Residency documents (e.g. CRUE or temporary residency permit)
- Social security card (if you’re working)
- S1 form (or equivalent) if you receive a pension from another EU country.
How does healthcare work in Portugal?
Portugal has universal health coverage through its publically financed National Health Service (called the Serviço Nacional de Saúde, SNS). Basic national health coverage is administered through local and regional health centers and through hospitals and includes all care other than dentistry.
What do I need to register with a doctor in Portugal?
If you are resident in Portugal, you’ll need to get a social security number and residency certificate before you can register with your local health centre. Once you’re registered and assigned a family doctor, you will be given a print out with all your details.
How much is health insurance in Portugal?
Private insurance in Portugal is generally quite cheap. This could cost between 20 and 50 EUR (22–55 USD) a month, depending on your age and the extent of your coverage. This means you can pay anywhere between 400 EUR (440 USD) a year for a basic plan and 1,000 EUR (1,100 USD) yearly for a more well-rounded coverage.
How do I get vaccinated for Portugal?
Go to the health centre in your area of residence in Portugal, with the vaccination card/record of the country where you came from, so that the vaccination service can provide any vaccines that you may need.
How do you get Crue in Portugal?
CRUE Portugal – How to get it
You will need to head to your local Camara (Municipal Town Hall) with your passport, NIF number and proof of address. Make sure that it is the Camara closest to or in the district of your residential address.