How do you reply to Bom Dia?
“Oi” is to call someone’s attention and “bom dia” is a wish. Really?? Yes, like, in English, “Good morning;” you are wishing someone a good morning. That is why some people respond with “For whom?”, “Not for me,” and “Speak for yourself,” if they are having a bad day.
How do you respond to Como vai?
To reply to someone when they say, “como vai?” you simply have a few basic phrases you could use, depending on what mood you’re in. If you’re happy or doing well, you say Muito bem or Tudo bem. If you’re so-so, you say Mais ou menos.
How do you greet someone in Portuguese?
In Portuguese, people use the expressions Bom dia, Boa tarde and Boa noite both when saying hello and goodbye, as in Olá, bom dia – Hello, good morning or Adeus, boa tarde – Goodbye and good afternoon to you. For good evening, boa tarde is used before it gets dark and boa noite after.
What do you say to a Portuguese girl?
Portuguese Love Phrases
- Love is in the air. O amor está no ar.
- I like you. Eu gosto de ti.
- You are beautiful (said to a woman) Você é linda.
- You have a beautiful smile (said to a man) Tens um sorriso lindo.
- I adore you. Eu adoro-te.
- You are my love. Tu és o meu amor.
- I want to make love with you. …
- I want to be with you forever.
How do you wish someone well in Portuguese?
That’s the expression we use when we wish someone well.
Do they say Oi in Portugal?
Oi. ‘Oi’ literally just means ‘hi’ in Portuguese, and has no similarity to the dismissive and rude ‘oi’ in English. It is more informal than ‘ola’ that means ‘hello’ but it’s used in almost every situations from in shops and on public transport, to greeting friends or business acquaintances.
How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
Good night in Portuguese – Boa noite!
What’s up in Portuguese slang?
E ai (ee-eye-ee) is a mouthful of vowels that basically means “What’s up?” It is most commonly used as a way to greet friends, often followed by a Tudo bem? or Beleza?.
What do you say after Tudo bem?
If you want to say “How is it going?” you ask tudo bem? (“too-du bayn“,) and the response is tudo bom (“too-du bom“) or again tudo bem (“too-du bayn“), ie “Everything’s good. It’s going well.” If you want to get more colorful, your response could be beleza (“bell-ay-za“), which is to say “Everything’s beautiful.”
Which country speaks Obrigado?
“Thank You” in Portuguese: Obrigado/Obrigada
It’s like saying “much obliged” in English – you’re the one who’s obliged, not them.
What is 1 to 10 in Portuguese?
Portuguese Numbers 1-100 Posted by polyana on Mar 29, 2010 in Spelling, Vocabulary
How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
45 Basic Portuguese Phrases and Words for Absolute Beginners
- Bom dia/Boa tarde/Boa noite — Good morning/afternoon/night.
- Olá — Hello.
- Oi — Hi.
- Alô/Está lá — Hello (on the phone) …
- Tchau — Bye.
- Até logo! …
- Até amanhã — See you tomorrow.
- Adeus — Goodbye (formal)
How do you say hi in a nice way?
13 Ways to Greet Someone
- Hello. This is the most basic greeting in English. …
- Hi. This is a shorter version of “hello”. …
- Hey. Now, “hey” is definitely more casual than “hi” or “hello”. …
- Good morning. / Good afternoon. / Good evening. …
- It’s nice to meet you. …
- It’s a pleasure to meet you. …
- It’s good to see you again. …
- What’s up?