The Portuguese Water Dog has two coat types: curly and wavy. Both types are a single coat, meaning there’s no undercoat.
Why is my Portuguese Water Dog shedding?
Contrary to what some breeders claim, the Portuguese Water Dog is NOT a good choice for people with allergies. This breed is not hypoallergenic. He produces dander and he sheds. What happens is that most of his shed hairs get caught in his touseled coat rather than ending up on your floor.
What is the best dog food for Portuguese water dogs?
What is the Best Dog Food for Portuguese Water Dogs?
- Top Pick: Taste of the Wild High Prairie.
- Second best: Halo Holistic Adult.
- Third best: Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Adult.
- Also recommended: Merrick Backcountry Freeze-Dried Raw.
- Also recommended: FirstMate LID Grain-Free.
What is the #1 dog breed?
2020 Most Popular Dog Breeds Rankings
|German Shepherd Dogs||3|